Week 13 April 24 Crafting Your Pitch
Today we’ll work on your pitches. Pitch Day is just two weeks away! We will discuss the Magazine Launch Plan Judging Sheet that judges will use to evaluate your launch plans on Pitch Day.
A good pitch needs to simply and clearly answer these questions:
- Market — Who wants this?
- Features — What are you going to do for the people who want or need it?
- Mockup — What will it look like?
- Sustainability — How will you attract users/customers and create enough revenue to sustain the business?
- Risks – What is the competition and what things could go wrong?
- Team — Why are you and your co-founders the right people to do this?
- Pitch Deck: Complete Guide to a Pitch Presentation
- 10 Slides for a Perfect Startup Pitch Deck
This week in your groups you’ll review what you have accomplished so far and begin to fill in the holes. You should also discuss your 10-minute pitch and start working on your presentation materials.
For next week: Be ready to do a dry run of your presentation for the class. We’ll give you feedback and get you ready for Pitch Day on May 8!