Week 13 Crafting Your Pitch
Today we’ll work on your pitches. Pitch Day is four weeks away! We will discuss the Magazine Launch Plan Judging Sheet that judges will use to evaluate your launch plans on Pitch Day.
A good pitch needs to simply and clearly answer these questions:
- Market — Who wants this?
- Features — What are you going to do for the people who want or need it?
- Mockup — What will it look like?
- Sustainability — How will you attract users/customers and create enough revenue to sustain the business?
- Risks – What is the competition and what things could go wrong?
- Team — Why are you and your co-founders the right people to do this?
Early version of Airbnb pitchdeck
Your pitch deck should include:
- Cover slide
- Market — validation/size
- Business model
- Competitive advantages
- Go-to-market strategy
- Pitch Deck: Complete Guide to a Pitch Presentation
- 10 Slides for a Perfect Startup Pitch Deck
This week in your groups you’ll review what you have accomplished so far and begin to fill in the holes. You should also discuss your 10-minute pitch and start working on your presentation materials.
For the last hour of class each team will do a mini presentation and then get feedback from the other groups.